Saturday, February 18, 2017

January

January 2017

January has come and gone.  
It was a special month despite the familiar feelings of grief.
Our family tip-toed through the process each day.
Most days it began in the morning.  Then changed to the evenings when things settled down.

With each new day, we heal and remember to be grateful and to love each other in a big way.

January is a big birthday month around here...Brandon - 1st, 
Anna - 2nd, Paul - 8th, Kelsey - 23rd 
and then there's my birthday towards the end of the month.

While sitting at our kitchen counter, Jonathan asked what I would like to have for my special day.
I replied, "I don't need a thing, I have all I need and I'm so very grateful".
With a full heart, I sincerely meant it.
And then, God opened the clouds and dropped sweet surprises at my doorstep for two solid weeks!
I still shake my head in disbelief...it's that formula of being grateful that I've known about most of my life.  I've been content and grateful for many years, however, this year was different.
Maybe God's surprises came at the exact time I needed a pick-me-up.

God knows my heart and my every intention.
He knows what we need to make us smile.  
I give God the glory for showering me with His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment