Tuesday, April 4, 2017

SHE WHISPERED I LOVE YOU








"I Love You" is what she whispered in my ear during the restless night. I whispered back "I love you too".   After a few quiet seconds passed, another whisper came..."I couldn't wait any longer to snuggle with you so I left Bubby's bed and came in YOUR bed a little early".  "Did you check in the other bed to see if I was there?".  I answered, "Yes".  Little Missy giggled with contentment as she got the answer she wanted. Earlier that evening, as I gave my goodnight sentiments to my Grands, I had told her that I would check on her before I retired to bed.  I checked on her and her brother before going to bed myself and said a little prayer for our Lord to watch over them.  They are so sweet and bring so much love to my world.

So, I enjoyed every moment of being a Nona while visiting with my kiddos .  I soaked up all of the good stuff which included both Grands sitting on my lap at one time and revisiting the game of Sorry. I drove away with a smile on my face, sharing this story with my best friends by phone and laughing all the way home.

Now that's what it's all about folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment