Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Awakening of Wildflower Annie



You never really know when its going to happen...the awakening of creativity then the desire that swells up inside that opens your mind to possibilities of expression and design.  Life gets busy with doing the daily lists and we forget about this part of ourselves that others thankfully remember. 

I remember my first art lesson from my next door neighbor who had a studio in his garage.  I was a youngster when my Father signed me up for lessons on Saturday mornings that lasted about a month.  The primary colors painted on the white paper stand out in my mind.  I remember my neighbor, who was an accomplished artist in town, just wanted to give me some basic training.  The smell of oils, canvases and paint brushes are painted forever in my mind.  

My comfort with creativity also stems from countless hours of coloring with the Crayola's along side my sweet Mother.  Sometimes she would draw scenes for me and had beautiful handwriting.  My Father painted some while on his Naval tours of duty. So I get this trait from both sides and I'm grateful. 

Today, I enjoyed publishing my Wildflower Annie Designs page on Facebook.  Gathering photos of my work from the past 23 years brings back wonderful memories of friendships that stem from painting for my clients.  This happens in the most natural way from the beginning.  It goes like this...you get the call from a potential client and discuss what they need.  The exchange of ideas start flowing and the creativity begins.  The idea takes on a mind of it's own as I begin to sketch and mold the image into final designs.  I take these designs back to the client and they say "yes" or "no" or "modify".  Once the finished product is sketched or painted, we look back and say "yes" to the friendship that happened along the way. 

I'm looking forward to meeting new people who appreciate creativity.  My Mother fondly nicknamed me "Annie" and but you can call me "Wildflower Annie" anytime. 




   

1 comment:

  1. Hello Annie. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post,, I AM ALSO BLESSED and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest home decorating. I love getting connected with the people It was interesting to go through your blog post "The Awakening of Wild Flower Annie" and also your earlier post on "The season Of Christ's Birth" is wonderfully described with scriptural references. I love getting with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. I HAVE BEEN IN THE pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to teh brokenhearted. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We wold love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your fmaily and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the new year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Dowakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete