Friday, November 1, 2013

The Lily of the Valley

Her favorite flower was Lily of the Valley.  She often wore the scent.  I can still see the cloud of powder from her powder puff as she dusted herself.







It ended in the Chapel where the Hospice Angels, friends and family paid their respects. The life of a woman who almost died having her youngest came to an end in September 2000.




My Mother's life was not quite long enough in my eyes, however, how can I complain?  I had her for 37 years.  I just thought I'd have her for awhile longer. We shared a lot together and it's safe to say, I was her "little Annie" and the apple of her eye.  Maybe she felt so close to me because she almost died having me.  She always wanted me to be just like her.  I was her 3rd C-Section and at the time of my birth, we were Catholic.  When Dr. Neyer came out of the operating room to tell my Dad things weren't going well...the decision would have already been made in the eyes of the Catholic faith.  But God had great purpose for the both of us and I'm thankful He allowed both of us to live.

So lets get started with the rest of the story...perhaps the beginning would be the best place to write about...in Beckley, WV where Zina Mae Coffman was conceived and born on an iron bed that now has a permanent place beside Ada's floorlamp in our guest bedroom.






Little Zina Mae born in the Month of May





No comments:

Post a Comment