Friday, November 28, 2014

A Humble Beginning

Having a humble beginning in a humble home means alot these days.  Seems like we are now in the mindset of  "I want it and I want it now".   I certainly did not grow up this way but at times feel I've adopted the Babyboomer mindset.

 
 
 
3 years old and as sweet as sugar until Momma pulled the scissors out and pure fear set in when she attempted to cut my bangs.  I remember sitting on the white wooden stairway, gritting my teeth and screaming while the pointy scissors came my way.  I have always been a little particular about my hair...maybe it all started with this!
Standing with my Sister on our broken sidewalk in front of our home.  The Sweeney's lived in the home directly behind Jeanine and The Bowling's lived on the left.  We were close families on this corner of our street.

I remember Jeanine drawing my first Hopscotch game with chalk on this broken sidewalk.  I stubbed many-a-toe on this broken sidewalk.  Probably because I ran so fast to the IceCream truck that parked in front of our house during the Summer months.  I just had to have a Blue Rasperry Snow Cone each time for a dime then a quarter in later years.



Oh how sweet...4 years old and ready for the camera at Olan Mills.  I always enjoyed the whole process of getting ready for the appointment at the professional studio.  The shampoo the night before, Dippity Doo, pink sponge rollers that I had to sleep in, ironing of the blouse and dress and Sunday's best white patton leather shoes.

Good times and more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment