Friday, November 28, 2014

A Surprise Addition

"Surprise, I'm expecting", Momma said about a year after the family moved to Ashland, KY.   I guess after Dad came home from his last tour-of-duty, a little "togetherness" happened and thus a petite, dark-haired, brown-eyed little girl was born in January of 1963.  I'm not sure how or why but I remember the view outside my Mother's hospital window from King's Daughters Hospital.  Maybe it's because they talked about it so much...that Momma held me up at the window while Dad stood there below with my Big Brother and Sister looking up at me.  The introduction was powerful, I'm sure.  The cozy family of four now had a new number of five.

My Christening Day, Easter 1963


I think they are going to keep me...how could they not!

 



My 1st Birthday Cake made by Momma

My 1st Birthday Party celebrated with Nonna Murer, Laura Murer and Ms. Stoval
I actually remember this moment very vividly in our simple home when eating around the table meant so much to family and friends.

16 months old, I loved my soft red corderoy bibbed overalls.



Getting ready for my first bite of cake

Lovin my Daddy

I sure had a full head of hair!

Enjoying my first bite of cake and scared of my super-sized sippy cup!

My Mom's favorite polka dot dress. I still like this color today.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment