Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Month of September

The Month of September has always been a time of change and renewal in my life.  Someone once told me that because I had a deep connection with my Father and his birth month was in September, I could always count on this month as being a good one to re-evaluate, begin new creative projects, and get things in order.

I have fond memories of September as being a month of celebration of birthdays and a special anniversary. My parent's special day of uniting the Cumbo's and the Coffman's happened Sept 9th many years ago.  My father was Catholic and my mother was Baptist so they married in a Methodist church.  I guess this was the compromise of blending the two denominations.  Nonetheless, my Mother converted in later years and became a Catholic too.  Our family that included my brother Chip, sister Jeanine, and myself were raised Catholic for years until it changed...and that's another story.  Lets get back to the celebrations of September...




My father's birthday happened each Labor Day Weekend...on September 3 then a week later we celebrated my Grandmother Ada's birthday on the 10th and inbetween Mom and Dad celebrated their Anniversary.  I remember the sappy cards my Father always gave my Mom along with red roses and chocolates.  Sometimes a bottle of perfume would appear as well.  Dad was very sentimental when it came to birthdays which I found to be endearing.

We did the Birthdays up right...cake, ice cream and family time.  Good stuff indeed.  Now, I have another reason to celebrate in September...my handsome husband Jonathan has a birthday on the 30th...last but certainly not least...quite the contrary as he is one of the most blessed individuals I know!  When God created him, He included all of the qualities a man could ever hope of having like a good heart of unconditional love, talented in all areas of music, can dance like there's no tomorrow and can cook meals that warrant his own cooking show!  Jonathan is also an artist and craftsman... I'm a lucky woman indeed!  Oh, and did I mention he can mix a great Martini and even stuffs the olives with blue cheese???  Yep, he's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment