Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Tony Cumbo Family Begins

It's time for a little more history on how my family began...the Tony Cumbo Family.

Dad was a Navy man as I mentioned before.  He was out-at-sea much of my early childhood.  What a handsome man he was dressed in his Uniform.



Dad enjoyed being a Navy Man.  He worked in the office/clerical work, with the medical staff and entertained fellow troops with his Accordian.

Mom and Dad dining out with their Navy friends.  They were stationed in Rhode Island then Brooklyn, New York when they were first married. 
 
 
First came Love, then came Marriage, then came Baby in a Baby Carriage
James Edward Cumbo
My Big Brother "Chip"
 
 After my Brother Chip was about 4 years old, my parents welcomed their second child, Jeanine.  She was a beauty and the apple of my Dad's eye.

Jeanine and Chip
at their home in South Carolina
Dad was stationed in South Carolina for a few years, some of their best years

Momma, Dad, Chip and Jeanine

After living in Rhode Island, New York and South Carolina...Tony brought his family back to Beckley, WV to live with Grandma Ada while he had a tour-of-duty for six months at-a-time in oceans all over the World.  I remember him talking about seeing Australia, Africa, New Zealand, French Rivera, Italy, Antartica, Germany and more.  Dad was well traveled because of his Navy career and retired after 23 years of giving service to the United States of America.

 


PN1 Tony Edward Cumbo, US Navy

Thank You Dad for taking pride in serving our Country!
You are my favorite Veteran!
Tony and his Shipmates

Dad Accepting an Award of Excellence



No comments:

Post a Comment